Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A film about you - with your childhood home in the movie!!!


* * * * *

From another blog to which I subscribe, I learned of an interactive film.

I doubt I've ever experienced anything so personal
from the crazy internet - yet - there I was...
in a film running down the street of the home
where I spent my childhood.
How does it work, you ask.

Here's a comment from the blog where I found this:

I am so blown away by how coupled with music, google maps and memory we're so easliy transported back in time.

I am sure many of you have already checked out Arcade Fire's interactive web page, The Wilderness Downtown. If you have not, I strongly suggest you take a little coffee break and indulge. It's amazing and wonderful and really instills inspiration. At the end of the project you get to write yourself, a younger you, a postcard.


So: I entered my childhood address,
watched the film take me around the subdivision of my
childhood memories, stop in front of MY CHILDHOOD HOUSE...
and I was running down MY street.

At the end of the film, you write a postcard from
the younger you to yourself...
here's mine ~
Do yourself a wonderful pleasure.

Go play.


* * * * *