Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Holidays


* * * * *

The Bufka Farm
M22 between Leland and Glen Arbor



I'm thinking about the upcoming holidays
and I recently realized Thanksgiving is my most favorite.
No expectations.
No analyzing - over.analyzing
No obligations
No greed
No overspending
No moodiness
No disappointment
No stress...did you get that? No stress!

Getting together at Thanksgiving is
pure, unmitigated desire to be with family and friends
and break bread in the company of loved ones.
Sharing time and sustenance...
for me, there's nothing better...nothing.

And the Bufka Farm?
I don't know them but they own a beautiful barn
that reminded me of fall and Thanksgiving and it's
smack dab in the middle of my favorite Michigan region.

Beauty.

...and if I forget next week,
have a WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING!




* * * * *