Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Worn Out Limp Rag

* * * * *

Nona, Italian Grandmother on my Mother's side, after
great stress, exhausted from work and a long hot evening bath
would say she felt like a worn out limp rag.

After a friend's funeral this week, the stressors of our industry,
trying to squeeze in getting ready to get away,
arrangements for the dogs,
arrangements for ride to and from airport,
arrangement to collect mail - 
making a list
and another list to check the first list...

It's April and it snowed today...

...and I feel like a worn out limp rag... 


All the plans of body surfing in the ocean,
running up streets and down beach fronts,
and my own personal review of the best
Pina Colatas in St. Augustine
may all take a back seat to a
chaise in the sun and a short beach walk.

I'm thinking that's all I truly need.

I get it, Nona.

* * * * *