Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Retain Retaining Retention

keep
hold
hold fast
clench
clutch
grasp
gripe
hug
secure
withhold
detain
hold back
reserve
have (or keep) in stock
tie up
grip
captive
prisioner
bird in hand

Dr: Oh my..........my dear...you are retaining water, aren't you?

C: Um...yes...and...I can't fit these fat feet into any shoes and it appears I won't be getting into these flip flops soon. So now what?

Dr: We'll change your meds, put you on a double dose of lasix (so you'll pee like a horse) - and - you need to get your feet above your heart a couple times a day.

C: No problem. I've done more embarrasing things than that at work.

Dr: and: 2 bananas per day plus 8-8oz glasses of water WITH lemon - a natural diuretic - or cranberry juice. (I'll do the lemon, thank you - I remember what cranberry juice was for!~!!)


Whaaa: these pillows are prettier than my set-up: lie on floor with legs up on lazy-boy!


I'd rather be dancing, frankly. I bet her ankles don't swell!!!

such is life.