Thursday, June 3, 2010

Assessing the Damage

* * * * *
I knew when I got home this evening,
after walking thru the back yard
I'd find some more effects
from (another) thunderstorm today.

This is also one of my mother's plants.
she loved poppies.
I think it was the opium.

All of her poppies had tissue-thin petals
and the very softest colours





Oh goodie - hopefully we'll have a couple more
beautiful posies


This was hers also.
I have no idea what it is
but if the flowers would lift their little bodies...

you would see this sweetness!


Oh good gravy...
these girls wouldn't dare roam more than 10 feet from me.

Here's Zoe saying:
"if I could straighten the crook in my tail - I'd be a Pointer"!


..and our family clown:
Lia who can help re-arrange the sticks for you
and she's glad to do it!!


Yep...more clean up.
And by August/September, we'll be begging for rain
and the sound of a thunderstorm.

* * * * *