Friday, February 26, 2010

I'm Old and I Hate Month End

I fucking hate month-end in our industry.
I don't care if your a Realtor, Mortgage Broker, Loan Officer, Buyer, Seller, Builder, Appraiser, Surveyor, Title Company and above all else, Attorney.
What? Why? How? When did it become life or death to close a real estate deal at MONTH END.

Die. Yes, that's truly death.
Terminal Cancer - bad.
Disabling Disease - horrid.
etcetera

But these days....if a real estate transaction doesn't close on a "tentative" date, it's



My heart aches for ALL employees who are away from their families 'till all hours of the nite.
Who have to make arrangements to miss personal events and appointments.
Who give their blood, sweat and tears only to be yelled at and unappreciated because the
client expects and demands that THEY are the center of the universe...after all...without them, you wouldn't get a paycheck and don't you forget it.

It's my blog and I can wake up as exhausted, cranky and profane as I want. Sure, we'll all push ourselves to get thru this last work day of the month because God knows how much money a buyer saves to close today. . . (when I hear that logic, I know the level of intelligence I'm dealing with)...

I will be taking a nap this weekend. And then I'll think about why we work like this....

God help us through this day...

* * * * *