Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ya, Right, Larry!

* * * * *
/
Lar and I used to cruise galleries...art shows...outdoor concerts...craft fairs....flea markets and here was the conversation:
/
Candy: Ooooo, look at that cool thing. Let's get it.
Larry: Oh for heaven's sakes, I can make that for an "inth"
of that price.
Candy: Ok, goodie.
.
That cool thing never materialized.
.
So...I'm cruising thru some blogs and, Whoa! Am I pissed:
WHAT?
WE COULD HAVE MADE THESE.
WHY DIDN'T WE THINK OF THIS?
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
PAPER and a PAINTED WOODEN BEAD on a LEATHER CORD?
.


Your Price: $210.00
Item Number: j1039-6
Manufacturer: Manu
SKU: j1039-6
Lauren Manoogian continues her foray into ingenious jewelry making with a keen sense of color and pattern.

Colorful paper garlands strung on leather cord. Accented by hand-painted wooden beads.


You're asking me? Absolutely, I would wear these cuties!....and...

"Oh for heaven's sakes, I can make that for an "inth" of that price."

Ya, Right!


http://shop.creaturesofcomfort.us/manu-large-paper-garlands-necklace.aspx

* * * * *