Sunday, December 25, 2011

Toots would say "What does your heart tell you?"

It's 5:18 a.m. Christmas morning.  Lia woke me, not only to go outside, but to remind me it's time she and I had a walk together.  Zoe stretches awake and I sing-song both of them "Merrrrrrry Christmaaaaaas" as we make our way to the back door.  Zillions of thoughts flash through my mind like a high-speed rail system - childhood memories, my religious upbringing, the wonderful plans we have today, the awesome day spent yesterday, the great things we did for needy people and animals this year, the people no longer in my life, troops coming home from Iraq....swoosh...more thoughts....and then, a screeching halt on Toots.

As Lia and I walked, all I thought about was my mother.  She died this day 10 years ago.  My mentor.  My pillar of strength.  My teacher.  The woman that was so strong, she single handedly shaped my confidence and character.  Sure I miss her, not only today, but every day of the year.  But today she's coming through SO strong because of an internal angst I'm suffering all over....a choice...and I can hear her as though it was 10 years ago: "What does your heart tell you?  What do you feel deep in your gut?  Does it feel right?  Does it make you giggle?  Tingle? Do you adore it? Love it? Is it off-putting? Do you have to change YOU because of IT? Then it's the wrong choice? Change it or go in a different direction."   If I listen to my INNER-MOTHER, I ALWAYS make the right decisions.

Where am I going with this, you ask?  Incidental to you but A-huge to me, as it is from where I will come and go for many a day - PAINT COLOR.  Dearest, most talented men renovated an old tired 1970's ranch into architectural work of art and it must only be complimented by it's decoration.  So, in walking my Lia and listening to Toots, I finally decided: GREY - NOT BLUE!   Allow me to demonstrate:


All different shades of Grey walls -
was my choice from day one - G R E Y! 







My AWESOME home with - (do not argue with me)
BLUE WALLS











This was horribly painful until this morning.  Once I made the decision, it was easy-peasy!
Tomorrow, I'll get to a big box store's paint department...pick up samples and/or quarts of (different brand) of grey paint variations, get over to the house - paint on the walls as is ALWAYS suggested by paint experts so we can see WHAT the paint will look like, and then pay to have the whole house repainted.  Repainted grey...not blue.

Thanks Toots...I love you...Merry Christmas.

* * * * *