Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Day Three - December Gifts




 Make a date!


In December, treat yourself.  Make a date with someone special.  Not a spouse or close friend you see regularly.  With someone you haven't seen in awhile and you've been thinking about them.  It may take a little effort.

Here's an example.  A couple weeks ago I was thinking about a former client, who turned into my Realtor and then my friend.  I texted her to have lunch with me in December.  She was thrilled and I was glad she accepted.  We caught up for 2 1/2 hours today and it was wonderful not only to chat but share so much that the date has made a great memory.

Here's something else I do in December.  My mother and I would take an entire day to play in downtown Birmingham, Michigan.  Start with coffee.  Shop a little.  Into another cafe for a cup of soup.  Shop some more.  Finally a late lunch at one of their famous restaurants.  With the trunk of the car loaded, we chatted and giggled and ate our way through the day.

I plan to do that next week with her.  She's no longer living, but I'm taking her out for the day as I did when she was alive and vibrant and my best friend.  I will enjoy the day with her.

If that doesn't suit you, get out of that house and take yourself on a date.  Not for running errands. Be with your best friend enjoy your time with you.  Trust me - it's wonnnnderful!

See you next week, Toots.


We'll be leaving at 10 a.m, Mom.  I love you.